Fallen Quaker Cream Wine Gelato
- Ice Cream Maker
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Fallen Quaker Cream Wine
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Pinch of kosher salt
- ½ pure vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 tbsp liquid pectin
- Steps:1. In a large saucepan, combine milk and heavy cream. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- 2. While the milk and cream heat, in a medium bowl whisk together the Fallen Quaker Cream Wine, sugar, cornstarch, salt and vanilla.
- 3. Once the milk and cream simmer, whisk in the contents of the bowl and bring to a simmer.
- 4. When the cream leaves a thick coating across the back of a wooden spoon (10 – 18 minutes), remove from heat.
- 5. Stir in the pectin, strain and cool to room temperature.
- 6. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- 7. Make gelato according your ice cream maker instructions.
- 8. When the gelato comes to desired consistency, scoop into your bowl of choice.
- 9. Top with a shot or two of good espresso or warm coffee.
- 10. Shave quality dark chocolate on top and enjoy!