Homemade Gyro ~ a modified Greek version of a Naan, flatbread, pizza dough, etc.
This recipe for 4 servings is full of healthy fat, calcium, potassium and PROTEIN! And it will take you less than 10 minutes . . . so satisfying!
- 1 cup SELF-RISING Flour (If you don’t have self-rising flour, sift together 1 cup of All Purpose Flour and 1 ½ tsp baking powder.)
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Heat cast iron skillet on stove top to medium high. Do not grease the surface . . . remember all that olive oil in the dough!
- Stir together all ingredients.
the bread in the palms of your hands and drop on the heated surface.
- Working from the inside to the outside, spread the dough out on the hot surface.
- Cook for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Flip and continue cooking for another 2 – 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool on a cooling rack.
Use this amazing recipe as the vessel for just about anything! Here are some suggestions:
- Eggs and Bacon/Ham
- Marinara and Cheese
- Yogurt, drizzled with honey and topped with fresh herbs.
- Pesto and your favorite roasted vegetables.