Steps:1. In a large saucepan, combine milk and heavy cream. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
2. While the milk and cream heat, in a medium bowl whisk together the Fallen Quaker Cream Wine, sugar, cornstarch, salt and vanilla.
3. Once the milk and cream simmer, whisk in the contents of the bowl and bring to a simmer.
4. When the cream leaves a thick coating across the back of a wooden spoon (10 – 18 minutes), remove from heat.
5. Stir in the pectin, strain and cool to room temperature.
6. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
7. Make gelato according your ice cream maker instructions.
8. When the gelato comes to desired consistency, scoop into your bowl of choice.
9. Top with a shot or two of good espresso or warm coffee.
10. Shave quality dark chocolate on top and enjoy!